Friday, November 9, 2007

My Buddy Jack!


Ok... this may not be the GREATEST TV show out there for me to grow in my spiritual life... (!!) but... I like watching "24"! I think it gives me a sense of false security thinking that with all the bad stuff going on in the world, Jack will take care of it in a measly 24 hours!! Isn't that a nice delusion?? It doesn't hurt that I've had a bit of a crush on the man, Keifer not "Jack", since "Young Guns"! He was "Doc".

I understand that some of you may not have any idea what I'm talking about but that's ok. I have a few "Jack Bauer" facts for you:

1. Most people would need months to recover from 20 months of Chinese interrogation. Jack Bauer needs a shower, a shave, and a change of clothes.

2. Jack Bauer never retreats, he just attacks in the opposite direction.

3. Passed out, surrounded by terrorists and nerve gas, & handcuffed to a table leg, Jack Bauer laughed to himself and said, "I have them right where I want them."

4. If Jack Bauer were president, he would protect the secret service.

5. Jack doesn't believe in Murphy's Law, only Bauer's Law: "Whatever CAN go wrong, WILL be resolved in a period of 24 hours."

6. Don't ever ask Jack Bauer what is going on. He'll explain in the car.

7. When someone asks him how his day is going, Jack replies, "Previously, on 24..."



Yes, a trading card game is now out!
No, I will not be collecting these cards!

Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

Very Clever! Did you come up with those facts yourself? I am very impressed! LOL!!

Diane said...

I can't take credit for coming up with the facts I've listed - only for picking the best & "nicest" ones out of a "top 100" list.