In a previous post I had indicated that I had made another decision but that I wasn't ready to make it public yet. The reason for this was because I needed to talk to someone who it could directly effect. I talked to her today so now I can let you all know what it's about.
I have been involved in our Vacation Bible School at our church for about 9 years now. The last 6 years I've been a co-director for this ministry. Well, last year I started having different feelings about my role. At first I thought it was probably just my "sinful nature" getting the best of me. However, this feeling has not yet gone away and another opportunity has presented itself.
I will be stepping down from my co-director role and putting my focus on organizing Vacation Bible Schools to be done on foreign mission trips.
I would still like to be involved in our VBS here but I don't feel that God wants me in the co-director role anymore. This has been a difficult decision and I wanted to make sure that this decision comes from God and not me. My next trip to Haiti will be this coming summer. Last year we went in August and I "directed" both VBS's - here and there. I wasn't sure if I should continue doing that or not since my focus seems to have shifted to foreign missions. A desire has been brought to my attention to do more VBS's in more countries but we would need someone to organize the curriculum, crafts, games, etc. My heart was being torn with what exactly God wanted me to do. I felt needed in both areas but my heart was being pulled more towards organizing foreign VBS's for mission trips.
WELL, I feel that God made it clear to me in this way: we could not get the tickets we wanted/needed for the August dates so now our Haiti trip has been moved up to July 19!! This is the day after we conclude our VBS here! I do not feel I could give enough of myself to each VBS to make them the best possible ministries so I'm following my heart and attempting to work on some foreign mission VBS's. If Jesus lives in my heart, and He does, then He must be leading the way, right?
Mine is not the only "God" story regarding the upcoming Haiti VBS this summer! Maybe Jen can fill you in sometime about another great story or two for our July trip!!
Thanks so much for your prayers for me while I was trying to be obedient to God's call for my life! Sometime I just make things too complicated and I might think I'm questioning myself but actually I'm questioning God! I have to keep reminding myself to just get out of His way and let Him have His way in me!! :)
The top picture is VBS at our church a couple of years ago and the bottom picture is VBS in Haiti this past August! I absolutely LOVE ALL THESE KIDS!!!!!
Be blessed today as I've been blessed!!


5 comments:
I love it when God makes things so clear! Now I'll have to hear Jen's story.
Way to wait on the Lord Diane. It looks like he made your path straight!
Isn't it great how God answers our prayers? Sometimes we have to wait, and sometimes it's not always what WE think is best, but God knows what is best and that's what's going to happen! And I know He's going to touch the lives of all of you on the Haiti trip, and those that you minister to.
That is so awesome that you are following God's leading. You definitely have a gift for organizing VBS. God used you in a mighty way on the last Haiti trip. With all of your preparations and God working there, the VBS went so smoothly! Thank you for using your gifts for Him. I just know that you have an awesome ministry ahead of you!!
That is awesome Diane. I just have to go to Haiti with you guys sometime!!
Hugs
Post a Comment