Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Catching Up

I've got the pictures working again now so I'll play a little catch up with what we did last Saturday. Our church had their 4th annual arts and crafts sale. Tori had a few things on it to try and raise money for her Haiti trips. She didn't sell much but still managed to have a good time.











Later that day we put up our Christmas tree. Mike and Logan got everything down from the attic, Mike "constructed" it, and Tori and I did the decorating. I have ornaments that the kids made, that were given as gifts, and that were purchased over the years (I buy at least one new one every year ever since we were married). Some of these ornaments didn't make the tree this year since there's just not enough room.





I have a little Christmas tree that my Mom made herself. It has sand dollars as ornaments that she collected herself in Florida. Each sand dollar has a little red ribbon tied to it (all cut and tied by hand - not purchased). I don't know if you can see it or not but there's little "doves" all over the tree too from inside other sand dollars that she cracked open and glued to the tree. On the top is a starfish which I'm sure was also collected by her. I have this as our centerpiece now with a little nativity set on a mirror.



Sunday afternoon we met with our homegroup for a potluck. Very yummy!! Mike was on call this weekend for work and had to go in after the morning service (this was planned). He met us at Nate & Brenda's for our potluck but got called into work again soon after he filled his plate with food. He didn't get home again until around 4:30 or 5:00! I'll try to post on some of that later. The rest of us had a great time of fellowship together.


We were watching a video on Haiti but Tori and I couldn't see the computer real well so we moved in a little closer. Here's Tori and Brenda trying to watch the video.

I don't think Tori was too happy that I caught her on camera!

Be a blessing today!

3 comments:

Mari said...

I love the tree from your Mom. What a precious keepsake!

A Stone Gatherer said...

The tree looks beautiful, and what a great picture of those two girls at the show. However did you get that one without them seeing you?!

T♥RI said...

She took a sneak attack on us! How rude! And you can't see it very good, but I am sitting on Brenda's lap in that picture. Ha ha BJ!