Monday, December 10, 2007

Good-Bye Stubby!


Today we bid a "fond" farewell to Stubby, a neighborhood squirrel who, apparently at one time, lost his tail.

Stubby liked to dine at our Backyard Birdfood Cafe. At times he would see how far his luck would carry him when he dodged the BB's from Mike's mighty gun.

Well, today his luck ran out! In the above picture you can see where he spent his last time on earth enjoying the view from our backyard. Below you can get a better view of how he just tried to "hang in there".


I feel kinda sorry for him in a way! I'm glad that the dogs didn't get him though. That would not have been a pleasant sight!

Now I'm curious how Mike's going to get him down from there - or are we going to have to look at this for the rest of the winter??? I'll let you visualize what a view we have to look forward to over the next months.

6 comments:

Mari said...

Hmmmn - I think that's a job for Mike. If he stays there the backyard may not smell too good!
We have our own smelly squirrel story - you may want to ask Bob about their odor!

Mari said...

Hmmmn - I think that's a job for Mike. If he stays there the backyard may not smell too good!
We have our own smelly squirrel story - you may want to ask Bob about their odor!

T♥RI said...

Well, you know how the dead bird on the porch went... and that was right next to the house. This might stay there for a LONNNNNGGG time since it is SO far away! Oh, and I got that quiz from Aaron's myspace. His was "I don't know what it does, push the button and find out" or something like that. lol.

Brenda said...

I think its a great job for Mike to do!!! Hopefully soon! No squirll for potluck please!

A Stone Gatherer said...

He looks like he's just taken' a rest. Mike makes the kill, Mike gets rid of the evidence!

Cheri said...

I agree- Mike dealt the fatal blow-he get's to do the buriel!