Thursday, December 6, 2007

Every Sunrise Is a Gift...





This morning after I dropped Logan off at the high school I was on my way to drop Tori off at the middle school. We were almost to her school and my phone rang. It was Logan. He forgot his backpack and needed me to run it to school for him. This meant after driving him to the high school and Tori to the middle school, I had to go back home, get his backpack and drive back to the high school! Surprisingly, I wasn't too upset about it but not thrilled about it either. Well, after dropping off his backpack, God gifted my eyes with His brilliant sunrise! I wouldn't have seen it at all if I wouldn't have had to go back to the high school. The picture above is not quite as bright as 5 minutes prior when I first saw it but still breath-taking! 5 minutes after this picture was taken the colors were already not as vivid. If you look closely, you can see a big ray going straight up.


I found this poem this morning on my.homewithGod.com/lanell and was touched by it.

Every Sunrise

Every sunrise is a present,
A gift from God above,
Gift-wrapped with scarlet ribbons,
Tied with bows of love.
Each day's a new beginning,
A time to start anew,
While all the stars are sleeping,
The rose is fresh with dew.
Each day's a new creation,
Too lovely to ignore,
We may find a blessing,
Just outside our door.
We cannot keep the past,
Like fireflies in a jar;
Nor journey to the future,
By wishing on a star.
Every sunrise is a blessing,
A gift for just today,
Rejoice my friend,
Embrace it before it fades away!

Author Unknown

Scripture: This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24 KJV

Be a blessing today just as you are blessed!

3 comments:

julie said...

That is just beautiful!!! I love sunrises/sunsets.

Mari said...

That is a beautiful sunrise. It always amazes me how quickly they change. What a great way to start a day!

T♥RI said...

That was cool. Does this mean I should forget my backpack more often so you get to see more sunrises? Lol. Just kidding, I won't do that on purpose. <3