
This is my nephew, Andrew. He is in the Navy and currently serving a three year tour in Japan. He does maintenance on the planes on an aircraft carrier. I don't know a lot of detail more than that but wanted to show you his picture and remind everyone to remember all of the men and women away from home this Christmas.
There are so many soldiers who have suffered injury fighting for us. We need to remember what they've done for us and what they are going through. I received an e-mail from Mari this week about sending an extra Christmas card to:
A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue, NW
Washington, D. C. 20307-5001
This is easy to do and it would mean so much to the soldier receiving it! So please, take a minute to address just one more envelope and send a card to a recovering soldier. We owe our freedom to him/her!!
Be a blessing today!


2 comments:
Wow- Diane- what is it with nephews named Andy that are in the military and work on planes!! Sounds familiar to me too!
I too love the idea of sending a Christmas card to someone in the military too. What a service they are doing for us all!
I just sent my card out yesterday. Thanks for posting this. It's nice to see your nephews picture and put a face with the name.
Post a Comment