Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I Finally Caved!!!


The kids had a "snow" day yesterday so in the afternoon we went Christmas shopping for Mike. Logan has been bugging me to let him drive for a long time so yesterday I finally gave in and let him drive the van! I will admit it - I am nervous to ride with my child who is sooooo new at driving! I have control issues and a big problem with not wanting to get into an accident!! :-/ The roads weren't too bad (even though school was closed!) so I let him drive a couple of times. He got about another 45-50 minutes of driving in and we didn't get into any accidents! He may have cut a couple of corners too close or too wide but he'll get it. I was still nervous the whole time but I have to get over it and let him get his hours in.

I had another "heart stopping" incident when I woke this morning around 4:25 and Mike was nowhere to be found! I called his cell right away to make sure he wasn't in a ditch somewhere!! He answered (thanks be to God) and said he was stuck at work with another water main break!! Ugh!!! He got home this morning around 5:00 AM and just got up a few minutes ago (10:00). He'll be napping, I'm sure today!

I'm off to help serve at our church's senior luncheon today. I have done this for the last couple of years and really enjoy it! These "older" people are so great! I just love them and their outlook on life! God blesses me so much through them! It's truly an honor to serve them!

Be a blessing today!

5 comments:

Cheri said...

You are a brave brave woman! Nick does drivers training this spring and I can't even tell you how much I'm dreading it!
I'm going to have to get over it though- count my gray hair now and then lets check again in the spring time!!

A Stone Gatherer said...

I'm sure not looking forward to those days!!!!

T♥RI said...

I am not so proud to admit that that was the second time I rode with him. The third was also yesterday. YIKES. He did get better, but I still just about peed my pants a couple of times when he almost hit curbs, turned corners sharp or wide, slamm... no sorry-SLAMMED on the brakes and then gunned it, just to name a few. He is a pretty good driver though. And my pants were dry when we got home, so I guess he isn't too bad. Haha. Well, long enough comment, so I will go now.

Diane said...

Can you feel the love in this room???? Just wait, Tori, your day will come before you know it!!

Mari said...

I'm feeling the love! I remember those days too well and I am right there with you on that control issue thing. It's hard not to slam on the brake on the passenger side and hard to keep your mouth shut at times. Good luck!
Thanks for serving at the senior lunch. I always seem to be working on that day!