Growing Up...
1. My birthday is on Valentine's Day.
2. Have 4 older brothers.
3. Am the only girl.
4. Am the youngest.
5. Grew up in a farming community.
6. Was raised Dutch Christian Reformed.
7. Learned to ice skate on an outdoor pond at 5 years old.
8. Loved playing ice hockey.
9. Spent summers at parent's cottage.
10. Learned to water ski,
11. Swim,
12. And fish...
13. Became a magnet for fish hooks in hands and feet...
14. Local doctor knew us pretty well.
15. Jobs included picking potatoes,
16. Picking blueberries,
17. Plantings for a flower wholesaler,
18. Weeding for the same flower wholesaler,
19. Bussed tables at a local restaurant,
20. Babysat A LOT.
21. Went on mission trips with my youth group.
22. Went to Kentucky for 2 weeks and taught VBS.
23. My friend died when we were 15.
24. Made Profession of Faith when I was 16.
25. Went to Florida with friends on 2 separate occasions.
26. Was in the Dutch Heritage Show during Tulip Time for several years.
27. Was a Dutch Dancer for 2 years in high school and 2-3 years in alumni.
28. Attended Holland Christian High School.
29. Graduated in 1984.
Young adult...
30. Took some college classes but never got a degree.
31. Started working full time right out of high school.
32. Moved out when I was 19.
33. Met Mike at Pizza Hut.
34. I was a waitress...
35. He was a cook.
36. Married Mike on June 4, 1988.
37. Mike is opposite of me...
38. He's the oldest (I'm the youngest),
39. And the only boy (I'm the only girl).
Adulthood...
40. We have been married for 19 1/2 years.
41. We have 2 beautiful kids...
42. Logan (16) by C-Section in 1992.
43. Tori (14) natural in 1993.
44. We were separated for 5 weeks in 1996.
45. We have 2 miniature schnauzers.
46. Mike & I go on a week long vacation every 5 years...
47. Cancun (5 year anniversary),
48. NASCAR celebrity cruise (10 year anniversary),
49. Maine (15 year anniversary),
50. (planning this summer, God willing) Alaskan cruise (20 year anniversary),
51. (planning in 5 years, God willing) Australia (25 year anniversary).
52. Co-directed VBS in our church for 6 years.
53. Went on my first foreign mission trip last August (to Haiti).
54. Organized VBS for Haiti trip last August.
55. I LOVE HAITI!
56. Plan on going to Haiti every summer until God tells me to stay home.
57. Started this blog in October 2007.
58. Enjoy helping in nursery,
59. Young Children & Worship,
60. TeamKID (Wednesday evening ministry),
61. Vacation Bible School (in the summer).
62. Co-founded Manna Ministries (Manna Meals).
63. Enjoy being on the Children's Ministry Team at church,
64. And the Mission Mobilization Team.
Miscellaneous things about me...
65. Just turned 42.
66. I've lived in 6 different homes.
67. Love to write poetry.
68. Like to play games on the computer.
69. Like to burn scented candles.
70. I'm very organized.
71. My passion is making disciples for Jesus...
72. Especially elementary age kids.
73. Like to do Sudoku puzzles.
74. Love to bake.
75. Don't like to cook.
76. Hate to do housework...
77. Especially ironing.
78. Love movies.
79. I was the same age when my mom died as she was when I was born - 36.
Some of my favorite things are...
80. Cookie Dough Ice Cream.
81. Shrimp Pasta Alfredo at Red Lobster.
82. Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.
83. German Chocolate Cake w/ the coconut pecan frosting.
84. The colors red/white.
85. Blogging.
86. Reading my friend's blogs.
87. Not dieting :)
88. Laser Tag.
89. Spending a whole day with my daughter.
90. Having a nice lunch/dinner out with my husband.
91. Watching my kids in sports/science olympiad.
92. Talking/e-mailing with my friends.
93. Serving/helping others.
94. Praise time at church.
95. Hearing my kids having a civil conversation together.
96. Watching my kids grow into stronger Christians every day.
97. Feeling really close to God. (Haiti is the best place for this)
98. Knowing that I'm a special child of God.
99. Knowing that God has a specific plan for me.
100. Knowing that I'll be in Heaven one day for eternity!
WHEW!! That took me a while to come up with all of those! I hope you enjoyed reading this list and didn't fall asleep! :)
Have a very blessed day and remember to always be a blessing to those around you!!!


9 comments:
Wow, mom. That was boring. You are boring. Our family is boring. Except for the youngest one not including dogs. haha, just kidding. Our family is pretty interesting even you. and that was also a pretty interesting post, but I knew almost everything on there... wonder why?? hmm... lol.
Great post!! I didn't find it boring at all. I enjoyed your 100 things!!! See ya tonight!!
Bring video!!
Great post!! I didn't find it boring at all. I enjoyed your 100 things!!! See ya tonight!!
Bring video!!
I didn't fall asleep. I knew lots of those things, but not all! I like the way you had them seperated. It made it easier to read and keep track of. Australia sounds like fun!
You did it! 100 things!! That was a great list. I enjoyed reading it and learning even more about you!!
Diane I thought I already knew a lot about you but I still learned a lot of interesting things.Great post!!!See-ya soon,Patty
That was fun to read! I hope you had a great day!
That was a great list. I can't wait to read the post when you hit 200!
Wonderful 100! I learned to skate on a pond in my back yard too! I love that you were a klumpen dancer! I can so picture it!
Post a Comment