Well, today didn't turn out exactly as I planned but... Logan spent the night at a friend's house last night and didn't get back home until mid afternoon. That still worked ok since I was going to take him bowling this afternoon. We got to the lanes and had to wait in line for about 15 minutes. When we finally got up to the counter, the lady asked me if we had reservations. Hmmm.. never thought about that! Well, we didn't get to do the bowling thing but I asked Logan if he would be interested in going to Blockbuster to see if they had a game for him to rent. That sounded good to him so we checked out Blockbuster for the game he had in mind to rent - they didn't have it, BUT they had a game for sale that he didn't even know was out yet in English (Japanese version comes out first)! We made a deal that I'd pay for 1/2 since he didn't go bowling. He was very happy with that and was so excited about this game for his PSP! He came up with an analogy - "It's like looking for change in your pocket and finding a $20"!

I took him to Taco Bell for dinner and he had to take the book inside to read up on it during dinner! I really felt bad about not making reservations for this afternoon but this more than makes up for it! He's downright giddy! He didn't stop talking about it the whole way home!
Be blessed today!
7 comments:
I am sorry that you didn't get to go bowling. However glad to see that Logan is just as happy with his game!!
This way he'll keep enjoying it - it's not done in one afternoon. Glad he's happy!
Diane:
I am curious about Logan now! Has he ever been to Haiti? How old is he?? You have very cute kids!
I am impressed with your Creole. I have been to Haiti 6 times and I never learned but Bon Jour and Merci!!
Hugs
Mari & Brenda - Logan is actually much happier with the game than he would have been bowling. He said he'll probably play this game 6 times or more!
Karla - Logan will be 16 on Feb. 9. He has never been to Haiti or anywhere else outside the States other than Canada with Boy Scouts. He has absolutely no desire to go on a mission trip. I wish he would go on one with us sometime but he just does not have a heart for mission. This isn't necessarily a bad thing I guess and I'm sure God has big plans for him! He's VERY smart - gifted, in fact, but that's a whole other story. I should probably post about that sometime too. :)
That's great that you were able to spend some one-on-one time with Logan, even if it wasn't exactly the day you had planned!
Diane:
I am sure that God does have BIG plans for him!! I would love to hear more about Logan!
Have a great Sunday!
Hugs
Yeah- I love it when fun unexpected things like that happen- I bet it was better than bowling for him!
Post a Comment