Today the Haiti team is coming home! I'm so happy that they're going to be home again but I'm not happy with the weather report for today - WINTER STORM WARNING - again! I hope it's not a repeat of last Wednesday! The warning goes through 1:00 AM Thursday morning so I hope that by the time we have to travel to the airport to pick them up, it won't be as bad. The flight is scheduled to come in at 11:25 PM tonight. They're flying in from Chicago so the weather there isn't much better! Please pray that they are kept safe on their journey home today and that all of us that are driving to the airport to pick them up are also kept safe and are given peace! To be completely honest, I am stressed out already with the reports. I had a very hard time driving in this weather last week Wednesday and I am not looking forward to facing that kind of drive again!
I opened my last note from Tori today - it was my Creole test! I think I did pretty well! I've been working on it since she gave me the 3 phrases she wanted me to work on and I think the most important one is "Mwen petit fi etonan"!!! I've posted this note below for you. :) I can't even begin to tell you how much I miss her around here!

Be a blessing today!
7 comments:
Tori is a riot! I love the matching part of her test!! Too funny!!
I have realy enjoyed reading these notes from Tori! I'm excited to see her tonight. I hope that the weather co-operates for us...fingers crossed and prayers said! :)
I just checked at woodtv.com and the forecast now is saying that the snow will stop by this evening, so by whenever we leave, it should be clear! :)
Drive safely tonight- I'm praying for you all.
I think you got your test at the bottom wrong. She said to match the color of the word NOT what the word said.
I seen the e-mail from Brenda that the flight out of Miami has been canceled. Please keep us updated because we would still like to meet her at the airport.
Smiles!
You're right, Jen! I totally messed that one up! Hopefully Tori will go easy on me!! :)
Wow mom, you are bad at this. The test had one question that you got 1/2 off on, but you got the extra credit right. The matching was totally backwards, way to follow directions. Lol. So Paige said that "mwen petit fi etonan" is wrong so dont remember that. The second question you get half wrong on because it is ou se TRE anpil (but actually it is just ou tre anpil, you dont need the se in there. and the first one should actually be mwen pa pale creole because if you say mwen pa konprann creole they will just say it louder. lol. (mwen pa pale creole means i dont speak creole for anyone who cared about that!) and for the extra credit part, mama is more commonly used then manman, but that might be how you spell it and just pronounce it like mama, but i dont know. ok off to bed soon!!
Post a Comment