Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Mike & Tori's flights to Haiti

I thought I'd let all of you know the news from the Haiti team attempting to reach their destination. Mike has been e-mailing me back and forth this morning to let me know what's going on with flights. Brenda has been getting phone calls from almost EVERYONE, including Nate this morning to let her know what's going on. She's been calling and/or e-mailing Tammy and me to let US know what's going on... I got a call from Anna (Tori's friend) asking what's going on... Whew! Needless to say, it's been a very long day already! Anyway, here's the scoop on the flights and their updated schedule.


* They will not be getting to Haiti now until tomorrow and will be spending the night in Miami.


* They are currently still at the Chicago O-Hare airport waiting for their new flight since they missed their original flight.


* They are now booked on AA flight 294 (hopefully) departing at 11:30 AM (12:30 PM our time).


* They should arrive in Miami International airport at 3:30 PM.


* They are booked on AA flight 377 departing Miami at 7:00 AM tomorrow morning and arriving at Port Au Prince airport at 8:55 AM.


I've been checking flight status on American Airlines website. You can click here http://www.aa.com/apps/travelInformation/SearchGatesTimesandStatus.jhtml?anchorEvent=false to check their flights throughout the day.


Thank you so much for the prayers that have been offered up!!! Keep 'em coming! The most important thing is their safety! Tori had some prayer requests listed on her blog yesterday. You might want to check that out too. God will get them to Haiti exactly when He needs them to be there!


FYI - Tori said this morning that God must have some awesome things planned for this trip because Satan sure is working hard at keeping them away from Haiti!


Be a blessing today!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for the update. I've been praying for them, and will continue. I agree with my whole heart with what Tori said. She is one amazing girl! :)

Mari said...

What a day you've had. I heard it started with quite a drive to the airport. It's an answer to prayer that everyone even made it there okay. We'll keep praying.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Go God!

T♥RI said...

Hey mom. We are on the plane now so I should get off soon. But guess what happened... Someone checked their luggage and never showed up. De ja vu right? Oh my gosh, I hope we don't have two hours left to wait again, I want to be there. Tiffany tried to call tipap and jeanbeauvis yesterday, but he didn't pick up his phone so that didn't work. But we are almost there now - hopefully, so oh well. Did you see brenda yet? Well I am done now, peace and love ya!!