Monday, January 14, 2008

Statistics with Sango!!

Brenda and I were invited to sit in on one of Sango Otieno's statistics classes at Grand Valley State University. Sango is a member of our church. We also serve together on the Mission Mobilization Team. We went this morning and found ourselves experiencing emotions ranging from utter confusion to thankfulness that we don't have to take this kind of class!! We're very happy with our roles as moms and being volunteers in various areas. Although, if I did have to take a class like this, Sango would be my choice for a teacher! He's awesome!!



Here's the handout Sango gave to us when he came to class and saw us sitting there. On the back side I took some notes but I'll be eternally grateful to him for not giving us a quiz on it!!





Brenda and I went out for lunch after class and had a great morning together! Thanks, Brenda, for being such a great friend and "classmate"!! :)

Be a blessing today!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the bits of your life you include and share.

So glad that you are able to pursue your passion.

Zaankali said...

Did y'all use the same camera? I am very impressed that you took the time to take notes. I will be expecting a full report on what you learned.
Smiles!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I've always wondered what a Statistics class would be like. I don't think I really want to find out!

Mari said...

As I said on Brenda's blog - I can only imagine how fun Sango would be as a teacher! I would have been lost in this class too!

Diane said...

Jennifer - we used my camera because Brenda's battery packs were both dead. Also, don't hold your breath for an overview of what we learned because I don't think too much of it stuck! :)

Nate and Brenda said...

Yeah I do not think too much of it has sunk in? I look at my notes and I just think "huh!!" It was a fun day though!!

T♥RI said...

Looks like lots of fun... not. Glad I had gym all day today instead of college... but I think I should go sometime to see if I understand any more then you guys do. Lol. I bet not... :-l

Chad and Tammy said...

It looks like you guys were having a good time! Chad has a math minor from Grand Valley, so I he would probably understand some of that stuff. I, on the other hand, would not have a clue!! :)

T and T Livesay said...

I took statistics my senior year of college ... basically cheated to pass --- all the homework my cousin helped with so that my grades were high enough to totally fail the tests.


good work ladies!