As most of you know, Mike and Tori are supposed to be leaving early tomorrow morning for Haiti. Also, our Guatemala team is traveling home tonight (flying into Detroit and driving home). The weather is not looking too promising for ideal conditions! I have signed up for e-mail notification of any weather alerts for our area and this morning I woke to the phrase "near blizzard conditions" tonight! We are supposed to get rain - maybe even thunderstorms - this afternoon and then, once the sun sets, the temperature will be dropping changing the rain to snow/freezing rain possibly! This means icy roads and with the gusty wind... just not a pretty picture!! Let's hope that this is one of those times when the meteorologists are just being overly dramatic and we don't get much! OR let's hope that if we DO get this forecast, it comes later than they planned!
Please pray for safety for these teams as they're arriving home tonight and leaving home tomorrow! I was given this scripture this morning in one of my devotions.
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." ~ Philippians 4:4-7
Be a blessing today!
3 comments:
I'm praying with you that this weather holds off. Thanks for posting the verse. It's awesome how God gives us just the right words right when we need them! May you feel His peace as Mike and Tori fly out.
Tammy - my prayers are with you and your family too as Chad leaves for his first time to Haiti. I know how nervous I was last August when I did't know what to expect (it didn't help that I don't like to fly). I'm not looking forward to you and me driving in icy and windy conditions! I'm praying that the storm subsides or goes North of us!
I heard this weather report and was thinking about the team. I'll be praying.
Post a Comment