Thursday, January 17, 2008

Sad News...

I found out some sad news this week. First sad news is about an area police officer that has been arrested and sentenced to life for the murder of his wife last Thursday. He was arraigned on Monday - same day as her funeral. What makes this personal to me is the fact that I grew up in the same small farming community as him. This was a community where everyone knew everyone and you were all "family". His mom and dad were friends with my parents and after his dad died and his mom got remarried, my parents would visit them in Florida when they were all down there. I've never known anyone personally who committed murder. This is an experience that I did not ever want to go through. Please pray for... I don't even know where to begin with it... I guess everyone this involves and touches - his 2 teenagers now left without parents, her family, his family, him, friends, church family, etc....

Another bit of sad news I found out this Tuesday evening was about my brother, Ron. He is 46 years old and has just been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. I'm still processing everything with that but my heart is heavy for him right now. I am very thankful for his wife and 2 step daughters that God brought to him in March of 2004. When my dad went into the hospital in March '04, my brother started dating Julie. They met in a Bible study on "The Purpose Driven Life". My dad died on June 28 and they were married a month later. His youngest step daughter will be getting married this coming June. Please pray that the plans for the wedding and what him and Julie need to deal with now don't overwhelm them. God is in control and they both are wonderful Christ followers and "focusers".

May God's Will be done always and may we always see that God is good all the time!

Be a blessing today!

4 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

It's amazing how things have a far reaching effect. So many people having close ties to that tragedy. Am praying for Ron and famiy.

Brenda said...

Praying for Ron and his family.

Also I went to church with Ken's sister Beth for years and years. Also one of the woman that when to Haiti with us last year was one of Lori's close friends so it has hit home here too. So so sad.

Brenda said...

Praying for Ron and his family and for your peace of mind.

Also Nate and I went to Ken's sister, Beth's church for years and years and also one of the woman that went on our Feb Haiti trip last year was very close to Lori so it has hit home here too. So, so sad.

Mari said...

That was a really sad story. I can't imagine what those kids are going through.
I'll be praying for Ron and family.