One of the devotions also had the phrase "Forgiveness is giving love when there is not reason to..." I found this picture that really made me think about that.
(In case you can't read this, it says "Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that crushed it".)Read below the lyrics to the song "Everyone Needs Compassion"
EVERYONE NEEDS COMPASSION
Love that’s never failing
Let mercy fall on me
Everyone needs forgiveness
The kindness of a Saviour
The Hope of nations
Saviour
He can move the mountains
My God is mighty to save
He is mighty to save
Forever
Author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave
So take me as You find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I surrender
Shine your light and
Let the whole world see
We’re singing
For the glory of the risen King
Reuben Morgan and Ben Fielding© 2006 Reuben Morgan and Ben Fielding/HillsongPublishing/kingswaysongs.com
Be a merciful blessing to someone today!


3 comments:
What a great picture!
I love it when God confirms in more than 1 way what He wants us to hear.
Thanks for sharing- we all need to be reminded of that!
What a neat saying on that picture. Good way to think about it. Forgiveness is something that cab be so hard, but important for both sides.
Good stuff Diane. Sometimes instead of actually forgiving someone, we just ignore the situation or the person. Thanks for the post.And reminding me how important forgiveness is.God bless,Patty
Post a Comment